Navigating Virtual Governance and the Brown Act in a Covid-19 Climate
A lawyer, elected official and state policy influencer walk into a virtual meeting and what do you get? A timely discussion on how to navigate governance in a virtual world and the implications of the Brown Act. Relevant insights will include:
- What have we learned about virtual public meetings under the Governor's Executive Order?
- One of the underlying principles of the Brown Act is transparency in decision-making…do online platforms do enough to assure that transparency?
- What would it look like to update the Brown Act with innovation developed during the COVID-19 stay-at-home order?
- If we amend the Brown Act, what other areas need to be addressed?
- How do we assure access to meetings for those who do not have high quality broadband access?